This is a recorded LIVE LABS session from the 18th of February 2021
You will need: A tray, a can of shaving FOAM, 2 different food colourings, fork, white paper, and an empty jar.
Storm in a Jar:
- Fill an empty jam jar 2/3 with water
- Top up with shaving foam
- Drop some food colouring over the surface of the shaving foam and patiently watch
- Over time the water-soluble food colouring will work its way to the water level where it will burst through creating swirls and a rainstorm.
- Cover a tray in a layer of shaving foam
- Drop some food colouring over the shaving foam randomly, making sure both colours are used (about 6 drops of each colour)
- Using a fork carefully mix and drag the colours around to create a pattern. Do not over mix as you don’t want the colours to blend to much.
- Place a piece of paper down onto the tray so it has direct contact with the shaving foam and food colour.
- Rub your hand over the paper a few times to encourage the absorption onto the paper and then gently peel it away.
- Place foam side up on a table and using kitchen roll or similar, wipe the shaving foam away. (You may need your adult helper here as it can get messy)