This is a recorded LIVE LABS session from the 10th of March 2021
You will need: 4 eggs, sandwich bag or cling film, glass or jam jar x 2, vinegar (enough to cover an egg), salt (about 10-15 teaspoons), teaspoon.
How strong is your egg?:
SKIP TO 03:20
- Place an egg inside your sandwich bag or wrap it up securely in some cling film.
- Place the egg (inside the plastic) into the palm of your hand and wrap your fingers around the egg.
- Squeeze the egg as hard as you can with an even force across your whole hand and fingers (Make sure that none of your fingers are pushing more in one place than any other).
- Does your egg break?
SKIP TO 10:40
- Carefully place an egg into a glass or jam jar
- Pour over some vinegar so the egg is completely covered and wait 1-2 days
- Carefully remove the egg and rub the shell so as to remove any remaining hard bits
- From a distance of between 5-10cm drop the egg onto a plate