Try this awesome experiment and blow bubbles as long as your arm!
You will need:
- An empty disposable plastic bottle
- Washing up liquid
- Old sock or sponge
- A small dish
- An elastic band
- Find an empty plastic bottle. This could be a disposable drinks bottle or washing up bottle.
- Using scissors cut off the bottom quarter of the bottle.
- Cover the end of the bottle with a sock, stretching the sock out and pulling it over the end so its tight and flat at the bottom. Pull the sock all the way up and then fold it back on itself to reveal the bottle top. Secure with an elastic band if needed.
- Add a squirt of washing up liquid to a dish and add some water to make a soap solution.
- Dip the sock end into the soapy solution and blow through the mouth piece of the bottle. Watch the bubble snake appear.
What happens if you blow softly?
What happens if you blow hard?
How long can you make your snake?
Does the soap used make a difference to the bubble snake length or quality?
Can you make your bubble snake colourful by adding some food colouring?